Read Our Blog:
- Established in 1923 and incorporated in 1964 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, #84-0567382.
- Current Colorado "non-profit in good standing" certificate
- Non-sectarian and not a member of any umbrella fund raising organization
- Guided by a local volunteer Board of Directors
- For every $1 of program and administrative expenses, Christmas Unlimited returns $10 of product to needy families in the Pikes Peak region
- Partnerships with over 40 area community service agencies and schools
- Member of: Better Business Bureau
To provide material and emotional support to families in need through our school supply and holiday gift programs, while assisting youth to achieve a positive self image through our mentoring and work skills opportunities.
Families served are from El Paso and Teller counties. Over the past six years 57% of the families served have been "one timers". During that time, only 7% of the families served have used the service every year.
- Annually, 250 volunteers contribute nearly 14,000 hours of service.
- Annually, 61% of the volunteers are 18 years old and younger.
- Christmas Unlimited is active with groups wanting to provide community service opportunities to young people: Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, church youth groups, Key Clubs, Honor Societies, Kid's Crossing, Teen Court, and District Attorney's Juvenile Offenders Program.
- Christmas Unlimited provides material support to:
- Colorado Springs Police Department - H.E.A.R.S. Program - City Community Centers - Candle Lighters, and others.
- In 1998 we launched Prescription Plush, a program providing stuffed animals to senior care facilities.
- In 2005 we developed initiatives with Posada for both a holiday toy distribution and the distribution of school supplies.